We all need a helping hand from time to time. As members of the Northeast Regional Council of Carpenters, you can apply for assistance through our Member Assistance Program (MAP). Under this program, members can qualify for assistance with dues or costs incurred as a result of a catastrophic event.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Review the Plan Description below to see if you meet the Eligibility Requirements.
Download the form here, complete and submit along with supporting documents to MAP@northeastcarpenters.org. You may also apply for assistance in person at any Local office near you or by mailing in the application and supporting documents to;
Northeast Regional Council of Carpenters Member Assistance Program
91 Fieldcrest Ave, Suite A18
Edison, NJ 08837.
Please note: if you are using an older version of your web browser or Adobe Reader, you may not be able to save this online application by using the “Save As” menu. If that occurs please use one of the following methods to submit your application online.
- Fill out the online form. After you print a hard copy of the form for your record, scan the application and send as an attachment using your email software’s instructions.
- Using the print function, select “Print to PDF.” This will allow you to print to a file. You can then send that print file as an attachment using your email software’s instructions.
If you have questions about this program, please feel free to contact Cheryl Scalia at 732-417-9229.
- To be eligible for OWL or Disability/Injury Dues, applicant must be a current member of the Northeast Regional Council of Carpenters at the time of the incident or occurrence for a minimum of (1) one year. Hardship/Disaster has no minimum membership requirement.
- Member should have no outstanding fines or assessments.
- Member should have all outstanding Membership Union Participation requirements for the previous calendar fulfilled.
- A member is allowed only one claim within a 12-month period, per category.
- Qualifying member will receive payment of up to $599.00 per verified claim(s) related to the hardship/disaster. Reimbursement amount subject to the discretion of the Member Assistance Program Committee.
- Any additional claims per member above the $599.00 disbursement are subject to Committee approval.
- Claim must be made within one (1) year of hardship/disaster.
- Please provide an itemized list of supporting documentation, i.e. a workers compensation or disability award with dates, doctors’ notes, insurance claims, photos and a letter describing hardship.
- Out of Work Dues Assistance: the member must be on the OWL at least three (3) months prior to their MAP application date, be available for work and have a maximum of two (2) declines. Members must comply with the Council’s Job Referral Procedure, with regard to renewing their OWL status. If a member falls into arrears during the three months he or she is applying for assistance and is therefore removed from the OWL, he or she will still be eligible for assistance. Funds will be paid in one 6-month payment, paid directly to the respective Local. A member is allowed one claim within a 12-month period.
- Disability Injury Dues Assistance: After three (3) months of disability or being out of work due to disability or injury, and with supporting documentation, a member becomes eligible for dues reimbursement up to 12 months. Funds will be paid in one 6-month payment, paid directly to the respective Local. Another 6-month payment may be granted if the injury or disability continues. Applicant must contact MAP Committee for additional dues payments.
- Hardship Disaster Relief: Assistance due to catastrophic events include examples such as: fire, flood or hardship due to an injury, illness or death of an immediate family member where a member is experiencing associated hardship. Members are required to provide proof of hardship or catastrophic event. Qualifying members will receive payment of up to $599 per verified claim(s) related to a hardship/disaster.
All disbursements subject to funds availability and Committee Approval.
Rules updated September 28, 2017